Ken,

I took a look at your pics...

I can't identify your wheels for sure, except to say that they are NOT from an Advance Design ('47-'55-first series) Chevy or GMC...

I think these might be from a '37-'46 Chevy or GMC 1/2 ton or perhaps a GM car from the '37-'48 period. I once saw pics of somebody with a '48 Pontiac with these style wheels, but they were not factory.

These wheels with the steel "spokes"(14 of them?) and all the "Vent holes" around the rim are known as Artillery wheels...and I think I see the rivets that once secured hubcap clips to the rim...

I think I did once see a '42 Chevy panel with these wheels...

Any Art Deco experts care to comment: six-lug, 15" artillery wheels ?

The "correct" wheels for a '47-'55 first 1/2 ton are six-lug 16", with four vent slots around the rim, and six hub-cap clips. GMCs had a 15" wheel option.


Frank McMullen
1941 Chevy dump truck
1949 GMC 100 pick-up
1954 Chevy 3600 pick-up
1955.1 4400 dump truck
1941 De Soto & other MoPars
1928 Model A F**D Special Coupe