I hope this don't up set ya guys.Building that 283 is going to cost some bucks.Say around a grand ++ and no garuntee.Too get 300hp out of a 283,starting with 195hp stock.This is only my thoughts.This is whatI did instead of rebuilding a 305 chevy. I got a crate motor form Jasper.A 350 ci.4 bolt mains.with a RV cam.330 HP.The engine cost $1300. Has a warranty 3 years or 75,000 Mi.which ever comes first.++ labor cost if anything goes wrong to replace the motor.I added headers, 3 1/2" exhuast,750cc carb.Now with these add on I got 350 HP +++.The motor runs like a bear,has 11,000 mi on it now.Stay away from advance auto and auto zone when buying a motor unless you like changing motors about 4 or 5 times till ya get a good one.and You do or pay the labor.Have ya brought rebuilt parts from them??? :confused: eek
: :o


dan-pa