We have ignition!....well sort of. I replaced the coil, points, condenser and tried to hot wire no luck. I reset the gap on the points and put in new plugs, tested the coil to be sure the key was in the right position and I finally have spark. I dumped a little fuel in the carb and she tried to fire up. Put in little more and she ran for 2 seconds (at least I think she was running.) Then to my shagrin the battery had had enough of trying to crank for the last three days and gave up. I will rig up a fuel source(since my tank is disconnected) and see if I can recharge the battery and fire it up. I have new cap and rotor coming in on Saturday and I think I will make a set of new wires for it. Wahoo! I finally made some progress.


1953 3/4-Ton Chevy

In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix

If it can be built ... It can be fixed.

RB53