I'm buying a '68 GMC 3/4 ton with factory 396, PS,PB, and A/C. The truck is all original with no rust to speak of, it just needs a paint job and some trim parts. The one thing that stumps me is the hatch on the passenger side of the box in front of the wheel well. It's not the normal tool box that would normally be under the bed floor on that side, It's above the bed floor and gives access to the area in front of the wheel well if you had a camper in the box. It looks kinda like something someone added but with closer inspection it's done quite well with the inside of the opening framed in like it was done at the factory. I can't find any mention of this door anywhere and was wondering if anyone here has ever seen or heard of this. Also there doesn't seem to be to much info on '68 trucks with a 396 and I was wondering if anybody has any idea of the rarity of this truck. Any info is greatly appreciated.