| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
2 members (John Dlugos, 1 invisible),
150
guests, and
3
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,110 Posts1,056,241 Members48,437 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | |
#18896 03/07/2004 10:59 AM | Joined: Jun 2001 Posts: 85 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Jun 2001 Posts: 85 | I heard 261s were painted alpine green to distinguish them from the 235s. The first few years the 292s were painted that same green as a carried-over tradition, I guess. By '67 all L6s and I guess all small block V8s were chevy engine orange. Big blocks got a darker reddish tinge to their engine orange. But I'm not sure if that was later.
Every 25 years I like to rebuild that 292 just for GP
| | |
| |
| |