Actually the new truck owner is my wife. I am new to this site and hope to gain some knowledge about these old trucks. I have a 69' Camaro that I have been tinkering with for about 5 years and my wife suprised the heck out of me when she said she wanted an old truck. I thought she was so sick of me spending time with the Camaro that she would never again allow me to purchase an old vehicle. The truck is a 57' 3100 with a straight six and 3 on the tree. I know nothing about these old trucks such as problem areas, what to look for etc. If you guys would be willing to get me started in the right direction it would be appreciated. I have posted a couple of pics. I hope I didn't get burned on the price as I didn't do the amount of research as I normally would have due to being afraid that she would change her mind and I, I mean she wouldn't get the truck. I paid $ 6K and it is suppose to be original with 72K miles. Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated. The pictures are not very good as we haven't taken delivery of the truck yet, they are from the previous owner. It should arrive from TX at the end of the month.
[img]http://www.msnusers.com/_Secure/0TAB8A9cVmiZTGedWrIm!KQSS!cjqWVSUQwO5bWqsE8cCIZ5ZMpdqAO9*Dq7j0XTHrZLRXCVkwBxybqf7!KwzhYqzLiF7h5sx9AaDXS7D5q7zqXqhXSKY3w/79375647_1.jpg?dc=4675531179046889873[/img]
[img]http://www.msnusers.com/_Secure/0TACz*9gV2yZTGedWrIm!KSknz0xAi!wovuk1R6GCFT!d74byxZ*feSHx68fTlUK4DVzAZfiXmQSNHunlVn2G6IfGvfQ4asjKEDeewP5ACGhQmFOJaiWBaA/79375647_2.jpg?dc=4675531179085640023[/img]