| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,088 Posts1,056,390 Members48,442 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Oct 2001 Posts: 3,458 Extreme Gabster | | Extreme Gabster Joined: Oct 2001 Posts: 3,458 | I got about 18-19 mpg (US gallons) with my 216 in my '50 before I changed it to my 261. Now I only get about 15-16, but that should get better when I put in the 3.07 rearend.
Check that the power valve in the carb isn't stuck open. It does tend to carbon up and hang open. Alternately make sure you have the phenolic spacer underneath with the slot to allow vaccum to the passage in the base of the carb. It can't just sit on the flange or it doesn't get any vacuum signal.
Paint & Body Shop moderator A lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic. | | |
| |
| |