48: Thanksgiving is also my favorite, when I was growing up in the 50's we would still be picking corn in the field. But we would take time to go to Grandpa & Grandma Corn's. All the aunts and Uncles, grandchildren would get together that day. We would give Thanks to the good harvest, and the generous family that we had.
It was always funny Grandma would always make sure that I got a turkey leg! You talk about great cooks my mom, grandma, 10 aunts were all farm ladies. I have ate in some of the finest restuarants in United States but I have never ever found a meal as such as that!
Today at 54 I still try to carry on as much of the tradition as I can. Preparing the food as the ladies did back then. Yes even tho there is only 20 of us left in my family I still get the turkey leg!
popcorn The Truth is Out There ( Give thanks for our tradition it is ours) Ben