| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,127 Posts1,056,674 Members48,450 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | |
#17273 07/05/2004 4:42 PM | Joined: Jul 2003 Posts: 38 Apprentice | | Apprentice Joined: Jul 2003 Posts: 38 | Ken, I had the same problem with my 39. The replacement bushings and the associated wear just didn't work. I took my steering box and the sector shaft to a local machine shop. I had a bushing that is one piece pressed in the box and the sector shaft fitted to it. I was able to aquire a new secto shaft, but the old one could be dressed for a smooth fit. With the full bushing there is no wobble and the oil seal fits well. I hope that will help. Also, the cost was under $50.
Jim
Jim
| | |
| |
| |