We have discussed this at length. I have 16" rims from a 91 GM on the rear of my 52 with 7.50R16 tires, there is about 1" clearance to the frame. To use them on the front I need to make 2" spacers that bolt onto the hub and have studs in the spacer for the wheel. That's the only way to set the wheel out if it takes more than 1/4", otherwise the shear forces on the studs are too much.

I learned a thing or two on the hubcap clips. When I checked the geometry, I used a 3/16 spacer between the clip and the rim. I also drilled and tapped the rim, used JBWeld between the clip, spacer and rim, also used red loctite on the bolt.

I also made the mistake of drilling out the hole in the clip to use a 1/4" cap screw. Problem was the steel is a high temper, I ended up using a cobalt bit and sharpening it between each hole. Next time I will use a 3/16 bolt.

I also had to purchase some large acorn lug nuts. The newer rims are made for 9/16 studs, the older trucks have 1/2" studs.


Fred
52 3600
69 C-10