My Father bought another '69 Chevy 2WD SB today and I went to help load it up. When we got it on the trailer I noticed to my surprise that it had factory "leaf springs" in the rear. We've restored lots of these old '67-'72's over the years and my Dad owns 4 right now. We were driving his '69 factory 4WD pickup and I knew it had leaf springs front and rear. My Dad and I both thought that someone had used a 4wd chassis somehow on this pickup. Nope after looking both trucks over carefully the 2wd setup was a little different and it obviously never had leafs or brackets for them up front. This ruled out it being a 4wd chassis. The rear leaf brackets on this 2wd were riveted in from the factory, no bolt on extras. Was this an option in '69 to have rear leaf springs? We've never seen one like this before. Here is the VIN: CE149B822884.

Mike