| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,108 Posts1,056,238 Members48,437 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Nov 2001 Posts: 111 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Nov 2001 Posts: 111 | I am sure this has been asked before but after doing a search I could not find anything on it. I bought a 51 Chevy 3100 as a work in progress and it had what looked like new hood hinges but I think they had just been blasted and powder coated. They had been taken apart but now I can't get them to hold any up pressure at all. When the hood is open the curled end of the spring comes off of its stop peg. When the hood is let down about half way the spring is resting on the peg but with only very little tension. They don't even begin to hold any lift at all when up. It seems that the spring needs about a half turn then hooked around the peg but how in the world do you turn that spring and get it back in position?? There has to be a way. If I am correct, when you have the entire hinge in your hand the spring should be holding some pressure or pushing the arms of the hinge to a wide open or straight position?????? Thanks for any info!!! mitchell
54 Chevy 5 window - 46 Chevy 1/2 ton
| | |
| |
| |