Greetings - I sure enjoy reading the posts about our old trucks. I have a 53 1/2 ton. The PO installed a '54 235 engine, transmission, open drive shaft & axle. I noticed a bad vibration when decelerating and after a little investigation found (among other things) that there is no rear mount for the tranny! I don't know much about this stuff, but this looks like a problem to me!! Anybody ever see this before? The crossmember is there and the ears on the tranny case appear to have approx. the same centerline holes as those on the crossmember but are forward about 3 or 4" and maybe 2 or 3" above. Anybody have a 54 or maybe 55 1st that they could take a photo or two so I can see what the mount is supposed to look like? I can order mounts from Chevy Duty, LMC, etc.. but would like to have some idea of what they are supposed to look like before doing that. Any other advice would be much appreciated.


If you think you can or if you think you can't, either way you're right.