I am installing .10 oversize kingpins in my 59 1/2 ton. Does the axle hole have to be enlarged? Any suggestions as to where/how to get that done?I know it seems a no-brainer, but I am confused by my previous experience with this truck.
10 years ago, I put kinpins in for the first time. At that time, the bushings for the right spindle were such a loose fit, that I put shim stock behind the bushing to make it fit in the spindle. Left side was loose fit, but not as loose as the other side. I was using standard size pins and bushings. I wasn't happy with the job, still lots of slop.
I re-did the job about 5 years ago, again, standard size, etc, still sloppy.
Today I fit the .10 oversize bushings, they fit snug in spindle, didn't have to push them very hard to fit, but they fit. New pin doesnt fit axle.
I think someone reamed the spindles oversize before I owned the truck, but used a standard size pin. That would account for the slop,even when bushings were new. Are the .10 bushings a larger O.D.,or just a larger I.D.?
Any insight/ suggestions appreciated.
Thanks
Curly
Does that make sense?