Alan and 51Phat-Thanks also for your responses!
I've actually been leaving the car parked @ work with the windows down and the back door window propped up with Vise-Grips (stoopid darn prop cylinder :mad: ). The constant airing out seems to be helping, as the smell gets lighter every day. Unfortunately, we have been having off-and-on rain for the past week, so I've been unable to leave the windows open for really long periods.
It is, in fact, quite interesting how our noses work. When I used to work at the car dealership, Diesel fumes literally made me ill. We didn't have too many Powerstrokes coming in for work. Now, that I work on trucks, the smell of Gasoline makes me absolutely nauseous. Changing a fuel filter on a "gas job" just about drives me to puke!
Anyway, I was mostly concerned about having my wife riding in the car with these fumes. She's pregnant right now and I don't want her or our offspring to come to any harm as a result of my incaution. By the time she has to ride in my jalopy again, it'll be well aired out.
I'm actually thinking of making up a bracket to hang on the back bumper, like a jerry can holder on an old Army Jeep. That way, any fumes and smells will stay "outside" of the car.
Thanks again for all your responses. Once again, I'm amazed by the helpful nature of the folks gathered here at "The 'Bolt."
Regards,
Shea