Hello all ! !
I finally got the Old Air sytem installed in my 1965 C10.
Most of the time was spent fabricating a set of alternator brackets. I like doing that sort of thing, and I am cheap.
Using their alternator bracket would have saved a LOT of time.
Disclaimer:
Bear in mind that all of the following are probably due to production variables on my vehicle that are beyond the resonable scope Old Air could be expected to accomodate for.
1) I had to modify the (Alan Groves?) compressor bracket the kit came with. The hole thru which the water pump heater hose fitting went needed to be clearanced slightly.
I don't know if any vendor makes a fitting with a longer nipple, but that would solve the problem.
The hoel in my water pump may have been misdrilled, who knows?
2) The template to cut the two holes thru the radiator support were a little off. I would suggest mocking the condensor unit into place and double checking the measurments.
I should have thought of this beforehand.
See disclaimer above.
3) The adel clamp didn't line up with the factory dimple. No problem.
See disclaimer above.
Other than that, a good system.
I will post more when I get it charged and chilling.
Some things I would like to see:
1) An option for chrome on the control panel.
2) A "better" angle of approach on the defrost lever cable attachment. It is a little low now and causes the cable to hang below the dash.
I may mod it and pass the info along to Old Air.
If you have any questions about the install please feel free to ask.
Pictures when I can.
Thanks,
Mike