Thanks for that link. My only concern with this particular installation has to do with ignorance of how these particular belts work. Are they the old-style retractables where once you stop pulling them out they lock and you have to let them go all the way back before you can pull them out again? Or are they the newer style with the inertia-lock mechanism where they only lock up when there's sufficient braking to trigger it?

If it's the former, then there should be no problem. But if it's the latter, I'm concerned about the side-to-side positioning of the retractor assembly instead of the standard front-to-back alignment, specifically that it won't lock up properly in the event of sudden braking or a collision.

I guess it all comes down to how the retractors work. Anyone with specific knowledge in this area who can answer? For me, the seatbelts (along with the brakes) are going to get the most attention from me of anything on the truck. Doesn't matter how fast I can go or how cool I look doing it if I can't stop and be safe. smile