Originally Posted by 52Carl
Anyone know that there is a plug that is supposed to go in there? It is made of what appears to be rubber which would explain why they aren't found very often. Rubber does not last anywhere near 70 years.
I have one. It is black and has a crown on the exposed surface. Its density is similar to a hockey puck.


I thought there might have been a rubber plug that was supposed to be there. That's what prompted me to ask the question in the first place. I have a bunch of rubber plugs left over from the Little Red project. I used one on the shift column. Maybe one will fit the flywheel hole.


1950 Chevrolet 3100 (Ol' Roy)

1939 Packard Standard Eight Coupe (The Phantom) | 1956 Cadillac Coupe de Ville (The Bismarck) | 1964 Ford Galaxie 500 coupe |1966 Ford Mustang (Little Red) | 1969 Pontiac GTO (The Dishpit) I 1979 Ford F-100 | 1976 Ford F-150 (Big Red) | 1995 Ford F-150 (Newt)