I put a Saginaw straight 3-speed from a 1968 van into my 1950 GMC around 1980 and drove for near 40 years until I changed it for the same transmission with the BW overdrive around 2024. I do not have shift linkage interference problems. The rods from the column are original 1950. I don't remember if the 2nd/3rd bracket is from that van or is original 1950. For the 1st/R bracket I made what I thought would work out of cardboard just to look at in the two positions. I then made it out of a piece of 1/4" plywood then drove the truck to check. When I had it working I made the one shown in the photo. It shifts well and does not interfere with the OD solenoid. An additional bonus about this transmission is that I was able to easily bolt the tail shaft to the original cross member. The OD version tail shaft bolts the same way.

I'm not home now, but if this information is useful, then I can get better photos when I get home.
Attachments
IMG_0118.JPEG (290.72 KB, 5 downloads)


1950 GMC 100 Panel Truck, 1958 270,
3-spd Saginaw with BW OD,
3.73 12 Bolt Differential from a 1966 C10,
Front Disc Brakes
Hill Holder
Bought it in pieces 9-1976, driving since 6-1978
Follow in the DITY