| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
8 members (Southerntruck, Jon G, GMCJammer51, 3800GUY, Bill Hanlon, Otto Skorzeny, 2-Ton, 50Chevy3100),
157
guests, and
1
robot. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,102 Posts1,056,185 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Aug 2025 Posts: 47 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Aug 2025 Posts: 47 | 1956 Chevy 3100 235 straight six:
I bagged what I thought was the hold down for the distributor about a year ago. When setting up the distributor for correct timing today I discovered that the hold down was not correct, but the bolt, washer and lock washer that I had in the bag appear to be correct IF what holds the distributor in place is the advance/retard collar on the shaft of the distributor. I started to attach a large O-ring in the top groove of the shaft, but then decided not a good idea and stuck with just the gasket that seats nicely underneath the advance/retard collar.
So, the question is, is there actually a hold down for the distributor (and no place for it to hold down on the distributor) or am I correct in figuring the advance/retard collar serves as the hold down? | | |
| |
| |