| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
13 members (Otto Skorzeny, Gdads51, TUTS 59, Jon G, Joe H, HandyAndy, greenie-reddy, Simso, 1955 1 Series, Southerntruck, Gib70, 3B, 1 invisible),
123
guests, and
1
robot. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,103 Posts1,056,183 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Nov 2021 Posts: 1,382 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Nov 2021 Posts: 1,382 | I'm not sure what sub forum this should go into so please move as appropriate.
I am considering shortening the steering shaft on my '50 3600 to move the steering wheel closer to the dash and further from the seat. It is fine as it is but more room between the seat and the wheel seems like it would improve things.
I do not want to change the steering wheel or the wheel to shaft components but would either cut and redo the steering box end or cut a section out of the middle but before I jump into the deep end I was wodnering what others may have done.
I know a lot of people change out the column and while that's a possibility if I go that route I will probably change the steering gear and add power steering (project scope explosion). | | |
| |
| |