| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,120 Posts1,056,321 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Mar 2010 Posts: 10,281 Renaissance Man | | Renaissance Man Joined: Mar 2010 Posts: 10,281 | I freed up a stuck 235 using acetone and transmission fluid in the cylinders and around the stuck lifters. First thing I did was pour several ounces of straight acetone in each cylinder and at the top pf the lifters. I did this to let the super thin acetone have a head start to penetrate and make an easier path for the 50/50 acetone/transmission fluid to get into. One unforeseen benefit of adding the straight acetone first was that the two really stuck cylinders were slow to let the acetone to drain through so that I could focus on gently pounding those two pistons down first. "Gently" needed to be gradually upgraded until the stuck ones finally moved.
1952 5-window - return to "as built" condition | 1950 3100 with a 235 and a T-5 transmission
| | |
| |
| |