Originally Posted by TexasA&M48Truck
Jon, I’m assuming you used it on a 216 and or a 235 engine?
I had seen these at local auto parts but was unsure if it would work on a 235.

I used that style as well back in January when I replaced valve stem seals on my 235. It was a little difficult to operate, but it worked. Be sure the valve doesn't fall out on the concrete floor. Some have a 3/8" female square on the end so that you can use a ratchet w/ extension to turn it.

I suggested the OTC C-clamp type because I used it as well and found it easier to use. I had to add something to gain a little more leverage (can't recall what that something was at the moment?). That's why I thought the one from Summit might be ideal, but I have no direct experience. Plus its $100, so not inexpensive for occasional use.

This was my first time removing valve springs; I'm sure practice makes perfect after a while!