Hello everyone,

Just picked up this old truck. The story that came with the truck is it started life as a Cochise county vehicle. It was sold at auction in the early '70s to a local in Bisbee, Az. It remained there until there until a few years ago when the gentleman purchased it from had come across it while doing some work in the area. So naturally I have just started to call the truck Bisbee.

The truck itself seems solid. Needs some work but that is half the fun having a truck like this.

The rust is minimal. A small bit in the cab corners. And a quarter size hole in the floor. The original 216 and three on the tree are long gone. Has a poorly swapped 250 and SM420. Runs great but mounting is questionable. While the truck is drivable she is a handful. Needs king pins and drag link. Parts are already ordered.

I know I will be visiting this forum often as I navigate the rebuilding of Bisbee. I have already found plenty of helpful information on this site.

Thank you all in advance for your support.

Here’s a few pics. Will definitely add more as she progresses.
Attachments
IMG_1963.jpeg (529.33 KB, 166 downloads)
IMG_1965.jpeg (389.3 KB, 164 downloads)
IMG_1957.jpeg (272.17 KB, 17 downloads)
IMG_1966.jpeg (514.62 KB, 17 downloads)
IMG_1961.jpeg (447.19 KB, 17 downloads)

Last edited by Peggy M; 05/30/2026 6:44 PM.

1948 Chevrolet 3600
"Having Fun"
Follow in the DITY