jaycoop - According to a 1984 NAPA Brake Parts Catalog I have, it lists the rear 1-7/8" bore wheel cylinders (upper and lower) as NAPA# 19111 for your 1955 GMC Model 630. It also lists the 1-7/8" bore repair kits as NAPA# 176. Granted NAPA is very pricey, but it proved a good starting point for tracking down more info. wink

NAPA On line shows they are currently listed as:

UP 19111 full wheel cylinder (pic 1 below)

UP 176 wheel cylinder repair kit (pic 2 below)

Here's another link to a different parts site listing the Raybestos Part number WC19111 (and also listing lower down a cross reference of numerous other sellers part numbers) for replacement cylinders.

I could not find a Raybestos number for the wheel cylinder repair kit, but did find that even Rock Auto carries the WC19111 wheel cylinders at a much more reasonable price than anybody else. grin

I think these newer currently available parts should be trustworthy, whether the repair kit or new cylinders, and I think considering your EIS cylinders shelf life time is about 60 years they may be more up to the critical task at hand.

Hope this is helpful. wink
Attachments


~ Dan
1951 Chevy 3 window 3100
Follow this story in the DITY Gallery
"My Grandpa Carl's Truck and How it Became Mine"
1966 Chevelle (Wife's Hot Rod) | 2013 Chevy Silverado (Current daily driver)
US Army MSG Retired (1977-1998) | Com Fac Maint Lead Tech Retired (1998-2021)