I used to use the KN filter on the '76 F150. I hate those things. A regular paper filter is a lot easier to deal with and breathes better in my opinion.

The KN, Airhog, and similar oiled filters require a lot of maintenance. You have to clean them frequently with special cleaner, and then spray them with the specified oil.

If you still have your factory oil bath filter, I'd keep using it. If you have the oil impregnated steel mesh filter, you can keep using it or swap it out for a paper filter. The restoration houses sell new mesh filters, too.

This truck came to me with a paper filter and they has worked well for the last 5 years and over 10,000 miles of driving.
Attachments
IMG_20240307_170204.jpg (83.65 KB, 116 downloads)
IMG_20240307_170047.jpg (56.05 KB, 116 downloads)
IMG_20211031_082514.jpg (94.57 KB, 111 downloads)


1950 Chevrolet 3100 (Ol' Roy)

1939 Packard Standard Eight Coupe (The Phantom) | 1956 Cadillac Coupe de Ville (The Bismarck) | 1964 Ford Galaxie 500 coupe |1966 Ford Mustang (Little Red) | 1969 Pontiac GTO (The Dishpit) I 1979 Ford F-100 | 1976 Ford F-150 (Big Red) | 1995 Ford F-150 (Newt)