Attended the Antique Auto Mushers Fur Rondezvous Car show this past weekend and decided I needed a block heater for attending next year and participating in the parade as well (this year it was minus 15F and some of the guys and gals drove open top vehicles brrrrr ) Which also reminds me I need to get my heater painted and installed, too.

Anyway I bought a Kat's 600W core plug heater and got it installed today. The same heater should fit any stovebolt 6 cyl engine.
Attachments
IMG_8672.JPG (324.32 KB, 107 downloads)
1-5/8" core plug on the driver's side forward of the exhaust outlet (rear plug isn't as accessible)
IMG_8680.JPG (329.34 KB, 106 downloads)
Drilled the core plug and popped it out with a slide hammer
IMG_8679.JPG (205.82 KB, 108 downloads)
The info on the heater I bought, under $30 on Amazon
IMG_8678.JPG (214.55 KB, 107 downloads)
Final install - easier before reinstalling the engine


Kevin
1951 Chevy 3100 work truck
Follow this saga in Project Journal
Photos
1929 Ford pickup restored from the ground up. | 1929 Ford Special Coupe (First car)
Busting rust since the mid-60's
If you're smart enough to take it apart, you darn well better be smart enough to put it back together.