| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,129 Posts1,056,361 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: May 2015 Posts: 11,074 Housekeeping (Moderator) Making a Stovebolt Bed & Paint and Body Shop Forums | | Housekeeping (Moderator) Making a Stovebolt Bed & Paint and Body Shop Forums Joined: May 2015 Posts: 11,074 | John, you mentioned a vintage Disston hand saw. There are a couple of those beauties that belonged to my Grandpa, Dad's dad, who helped build the house I grew up in nearly 75 years ago, still hanging in the garage. One of my first memories as a 4 year old was hammering nails in the subfloor of the living room with Grandpa, wearing my little tool belt that my mom made. I was looking at those Disston saws a few years back and was intrigued by what I found out was the "nail tooth" on the back side of the blade. I'm still not so sure how what they were used for - I assuming cutting the stray nail when using a saw for demolition work.
Kevin 1951 Chevy 3100 work truckFollow this saga in Project JournalPhotos 1929 Ford pickup restored from the ground up. | 1929 Ford Special Coupe (First car) Busting rust since the mid-60's If you're smart enough to take it apart, you darn well better be smart enough to put it back together. | | |
| |
| |