| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,122 Posts1,056,331 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Sep 2010 Posts: 2,315 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Sep 2010 Posts: 2,315 | I looked at the two oakie bushings I have and there is a ridge for the puller to grab but as Kevin said it may just pull out the brass bushing from the oakie fixture .You can see the thickness of the brass in the picture I snapped from the video above so you will have to get lucky but there is room for the puller once the yoke is out to grab on that ridge .This happened to me on the origional bushing on mine the puller pulled out the brass sleeve so I had to make a bigger insert for the puller to get the fingers to spread out farther to grab rest of the bushing.Kevin mentions a good point that the bushing that was pushed forward on the origional install will not come out as it will be to far down the tube and the puller can’t get behind it to grab the edge .I think that is what happened in my nightmare the back bushing pushed up against the ridge on the driveshaft making it bind when the driveshaft turned .Anyway all in you may want to try the puller and see what happens.Keep us posted and wishing you good luck | | |
| |
| |