Chuck, I've never driven a car in my life where I thought I needed to dim the dash / instrument panel lights. I've always kept them turned all the way up to bright.

Ol' Roy's instrument panel lights also only worked intermittently (mostly never).

Rather than buy a new switch that is probably junk from China like most things today, I simply removed the switch, disconnected the instrument panel wire from its terminal, and installed it on the parking light/taillight terminal.

This way, the instrument panel lights come on full bright whenever the headlight switch is pulled out to one notch or two notches.

It works perfectly and I don't have to worry about treating it with kid gloves or hope the dash lights don't blink out.


1950 Chevrolet 3100 (Ol' Roy)

1939 Packard Standard Eight Coupe (The Phantom) | 1956 Cadillac Coupe de Ville (The Bismarck) | 1964 Ford Galaxie 500 coupe |1966 Ford Mustang (Little Red) | 1969 Pontiac GTO (The Dishpit) I 1979 Ford F-100 | 1976 Ford F-150 (Big Red) | 1995 Ford F-150 (Newt)