Good idea Jerry.

Just a question, and I may have asked it a long time ago. I wish I would have kept a phone number for the place, as I remember seeing a special tool that they offered that would push those balancers on the stovebolts.
Yes the oil pan needed to be off because it pushed on the counter weight as well sort of like a big clamp. I've never liked hammering on a balancer, even the old 265 is like that, seems like in those days they wanted it pressed on. Has anyone else seen that clamp thing I'm talking about?

For drilling and tapping the crank did you make a drill fixture for that?

Last edited by Truckrolet; 10/29/2025 9:59 PM.

Kicking self for selling off my Taskforce trucks.
Still looking for an LCF or conventional big bolt in decent shape.


As of 10-26-2022, A 55.2 Taskforce long bed now the work begins