| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
7 members (JW51, Gdads51, 52Carl, TrknGMC, Leo, texas46, 1 invisible),
193
guests, and
3
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,101 Posts1,056,181 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jan 2014 Posts: 3,686 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jan 2014 Posts: 3,686 | On a long drive over the weekend, truck developed a bit of a whine/ hum in the engine bay. Ain’t much in the engine bay so I figure it’s the water pump or the generator. I did fiddle with belt tension and oiled the generator. Didn’t seem to make much difference.
Seems like it’d more likely be generator. Water pumps seem to growl more than whine, in my experience. I can think of a few ways I might go about pinpointing….screwdriver as a stethoscope, remove belt and feel/ listen as I manually turn…
Before I waste an hour scratching my head, thought I’d get some input.
1951 3100
| | |
| |
| |