I've never seen one of the described felt pads on the throat of the carb and the oil bath air cleaner rests on. I'm sure you could make something, but I'm not sure that just any old felt would work or not.

The internal seal that goes between the oil bath air cleaner top and bottom sections if I recall correctly isn't paper, but a glued on thin foam rubber strip. At least that's my experience with the one on my '54 235. Perhaps what your seeing that looks like a paper seal is the remnants of the original seals adhesive strip still attached to the lid? headscratch I did check a couple of Chevy Master Parts Books and could not find a listing for either gasket/seal.

I'd be interested in seeing pictures of the two items your filter still has.


~ Dan
1951 Chevy 3 window 3100
Follow this story in the DITY Gallery
"My Grandpa Carl's Truck and How it Became Mine"
1966 Chevelle (Wife's Hot Rod) | 2013 Chevy Silverado (Current daily driver)
US Army MSG Retired (1977-1998) | Com Fac Maint Lead Tech Retired (1998-2021)