Hi guys,

So I'm not sure to post the below, but since its related to my Parking Brake, I figured I'd start here and if someone suggests a better place I'll post it there too.

In the process of removing my old parking brake rod, I found a plastic type "guide" on top of the frame, between the frame and the rod. Turns out it was broken in half and had missing pieces. Scouring the internet, I found 2 sites that listed the part, but no stock... and also found out that it was for vibration and noise (to keep the rod from clanging on the frame).

Not being able to find one, I decided to finally pull the trigger on a 3D printer I had been eyeing. It was only about $250 on Amazon Prime Days and after just a couple of trial prints, I was able to reproduce this pad in tact as 1 piece (only needing to drill the hole). I am expecting that for a number of my older classics that this will come in very useful... but wanted to pass along that these things are relatively easy to use with just about a day's worth of learning. Here's an example of what I got by simply taking pictures with a 3D app on iPhone, and then sending it to the 3D printer software... pretty amazing.
Attachments
3D printed rod guide 1.jpg (250.46 KB, 151 downloads)
3D printed rod guide 2.jpg (222.77 KB, 148 downloads)
3D printed rod guide 3.jpg (232.89 KB, 151 downloads)

Last edited by klhansen; 07/11/2025 5:43 PM. Reason: changed pdf files to photos

Joe