Hello all,
I have my '61 Apache on the lift. I have a four post lift so the truck is sitting on its tires. I was preparing to install a front sway bar when I noticed that the torsion bars are set to two very different heights! This is a project truck that I have not driven yet and I did not notice the difference from the outside.
So, questions arise: Aren't the two bars supposed to be set equally to each other? Can anyone think of a reason why they would be set to two different heights? There's no indication that the adjuster on the lower one has slipped in any way, so I'm sure someone chose to do this.
Lastly, I want to retain stock height, no interest in any lowering. Does anyone have data on what stock height is and approximately how much of the adjuster bolt lengths should be exposed at the proper setting?
Thanks in advance,
GW