It has a mesh screen and a baffle. The mesh screen wraps around the inside of the canister, the baffle mounts above that just below the down tube. I used mine to make a PCV, I cut the down tube off and welded up the opening using a small metal plate. I cut a 3/4 inch hole in the top of the canister and added a valve cover grommet. I welded the down tube back on just to complete the look of the original .

Sorry, I thought I had pictures of the set up, well not on this phone.

https://www.stovebolt.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/1560637/3

Last edited by TUTS 59; 06/04/2025 2:24 PM. Reason: add link

~ Craig
1958 Viking 4400
"The Book of Thor"
Read the story in the DITY
1960 Chevrolet C10
"A Family Heirloom"
Follow the story in the DITY Gallery
'59 Apache 31, 327 V8 (0.030 over), Muncie M20 4 Speed, GM 10 Bolt Rear... long term project (30 years and counting)

If you don't like driving yourTruck, you won't drive yourTruck..| Living life in the SLOW lane