Instruments, what a job, but persistence finishes the race.

I just got all wires / cables and tubes since I will install all new goods anyway.

The trick will be the gauges, if possible I want to rebuild them and re-use.

How does the hand for the speedometer comes off? I don't want to bend the shaft.

The odometer must have been rebuild in 1949 (one year old truck?) and 1957. the later had the marking '88888 miles', kind of unrealistic by my thinking. Now it is sitting at 29039 miles.

Is the oil pressure and water temperature gauges usable or would they be not accurate enough?

What seals the glass to the chrome ring? Looks like old heated-up tar.

Again a few pic's.
Attachments
IMG_4526.JPG (57.9 KB, 77 downloads)
GAUGES AND THEIR REMOVAL
IMG_4534.JPG (99.54 KB, 77 downloads)
IMG_4529.JPG (99.86 KB, 77 downloads)

Last edited by Biermann; 04/15/2025 11:52 PM. Reason: added a sentence

~ NORTH OF 49TH
1948 GMC Model 9434 Frame rebuild
1953 Chevrolet 1314 1/2 ton rebuild
Follow along it the DITY Bay