Originally Posted by Ehb86
GMC had a red called Pimpernel Scarlet from 1938 to 1952 according to a list I have.
Paintref.com has Pimpernel Scarlet in 1939 thru 1950, missing the years 1943, 1944, 1945 (of course due to war production) but somehow also missing the years 1947 and 1948. They also have a red called Permanent Red in 1946 and 1950. HERE's the entry for 1950. Like I said, They have the Ditzler/PPG and Dupont codes, but If you give a paint shop those, you'll typically get a "nope can't find that one." response. I see that Permanent Red also has a Chrysler code of DT3278. Maybe that will get you a paint chip from a paint shop.


Kevin
1951 Chevy 3100 work truck
Follow this saga in Project Journal
Photos
1929 Ford pickup restored from the ground up. | 1929 Ford Special Coupe (First car)
Busting rust since the mid-60's
If you're smart enough to take it apart, you darn well better be smart enough to put it back together.