| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,111 Posts1,056,244 Members48,437 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jan 2023 Posts: 118 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jan 2023 Posts: 118 | I'm not a big fan of the torque tube setup, so I started thinking on how I can eliminate any potential okie bushing repairs. Is it possible to cut the driveshaft and install a solid cap or weld it shut then reattach the ends so if the bushing goes bad there's no leak? It will have the socket and ball at the end of the transmission tail, just sealed up after the area of the cross member. I'm totally thinking outside the box and wondering if this would work and function as it should.
1950 chevy shortbed 3100, 216 with a 3 on the tree.
| | |
| |
| |