I'd been planning on installing built-in air compressor lines for my garage with manual water drain valves, but then stumbled across automatic water drain valves ($168 each) which is probably what the Big Boys use. Heck, that's almost as much as I paid for the compressor!

Instead, I was thinking there's got to be a better (cheaper) way - maybe just a small chamber with a ball float/stopper. See my other post about a 220v timer switch, and I came up with a cool idea...

With the air pressure on, the ball float would be held down and seal the chamber, so it would eventually fill with water. Once the compressor turns off (using some sort of countdown timer switch) and the pressure leaks down, the ball float would rise and the water would let itself out.

Simple, eh? Now I just need some suggestions on where to find a ball float chamber which can stand up to high pressure and is relatively cheap. Then I've got a zero maintenance system!

Any ideas where to start looking? Thanks!

-Boyo


'48 Willys CJ-2A / '55.1 Chevy 3600 / '66 Austin-Healey 3000 / '04 Volvo wagon (parenthood!?)