Thermoquads are fine carbs, I used to run a Thermoquad on my '70 340 Duster. It's original carb was a Carter AVS, the Thermoquad was MUCH better. At the time I was running 4.56 gears along with a set of 7" slicks (biggest you could run in NHRA E-Stock) back in the early 70's. Low 13's (with a rare high 12) at 105 were not too hard to get too. Later moved up to a 1000 cfm competition TQ, Way over carbureted based on the math, but it did go faster, so go figure but not fast enough to get near the E-Stock record of 12..56. Biggest thing that made the combo work was the TQ's easily adjusted vacuum secondaries. They didn't come in until you could use em. I think I've still got a TQ Carter strip kit or two in the shop.

RonR


RonR


1951 3600 with Clark flatbed, T5, 4.10 rear
1970 340 Duster
1990 5.0 V8 Miata (1990 Mustang Gt Drivetrain)
1964 CJ5