Mike - It sounds like when your 1960 235 migrated into your truck they kept the 1960-62 style front motor mount instead of converting to the earlier style metal shielded mount. Give this earlier thread a read that give more details on the 1960-62 mount. Those did not have a metal shield to protect from oil contamination and are rare to find a usable one. Most folks need to have theirs revulcanized as is discussed in that thread to reuse in the existing installation.

I seem to recall that there was a recent conversation on converting the 1960-62 front mount to use the earlier metal shielded mount, but I can't seem to locate it at the moment. I will keep looking tomorrow.


~ Dan
1951 Chevy 3 window 3100
Follow this story in the DITY Gallery
"My Grandpa Carl's Truck and How it Became Mine"
1966 Chevelle (Wife's Hot Rod) | 2013 Chevy Silverado (Current daily driver)
US Army MSG Retired (1977-1998) | Com Fac Maint Lead Tech Retired (1998-2021)