| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,110 Posts1,056,251 Members48,437 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Sep 2023 Posts: 45 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Sep 2023 Posts: 45 | I’ve performed a 6v to 12v conversion on the major components of my 1955 first series truck. For the purposes of seeing if I can get the original 235 engine to crank I was going to attempt starting it without a 12v to 6v reducer on the ammeter. I’m thinking that I shouldn’t damage the existing ammeter and the existing ammeter (if it even works) should only show 1/2 as much charge (amperage is now cut in half) with the new 12 volt system, right? | | |
| |
| |