Originally Posted by jimgmc
1937-1938 the T14 (37 only), T-16, T-16H, F-16 and F-16H use the OLDs 230 CID. Midyear 38 a 1 1/4-ton walk-in panel delivery van use the 230 OLDs. GMC 228 and 248 replaced the Pontiac and OLDs engines in 1939.


jimgmc, Many thanks for those tidbits of info! After doing a little more web searching I see that the T-16 and F-16 models were the larger trucks as I came across some copies of dealer handouts indicating they were 1-1/2 and 2 Ton sized trucks. Saw a Dealer handout for a 1938 GMC "Special Delivery" truck that said it used the 230 engine also.

I think I am going to do more research to try and confirm what trucks this pump fits before I do anything else as I want to make sure it is accurately identified. smile
Attachments
1937-38 GMC T-16 Dealer handout.png (680.09 KB, 69 downloads)



~ Dan
1951 Chevy 3 window 3100
Follow this story in the DITY Gallery
"My Grandpa Carl's Truck and How it Became Mine"
1966 Chevelle (Wife's Hot Rod) | 2013 Chevy Silverado (Current daily driver)
US Army MSG Retired (1977-1998) | Com Fac Maint Lead Tech Retired (1998-2021)