I have a whine/roar that sounds like it's coming from the rear. I had the rear checked at a local garage and they found nothing wrong. Matter of fact they found the rear gears and bears look like new. Even showed me pictures. Little to no wear and everything clean. I don't believe they removed any of the gears. Also said wheel bearings were like new. Noise is still there. Just a rear end lube change for only $243. So, any suggestions on where I can look for the noise. I suspect there is maybe some clearance tolerance that may be out that they would not have been able to "see" . BTW it occurs only at lower speeds. Get up to higher speeds and it stops. Only had the truck since early summer. It had a frame off and not used much since done. They also did not finish the job (restoration) .Thanks

Last edited by MickeyP; 09/27/2024 3:28 PM.

1956 3100 three speed 6 cyl. Stock with a few upgrades.