Finally got the engine finished and back in the '42 (the original 235, bored .060" over). Few adjustments to make yet, and some lighting issues to sort out, then hope to get it out on the open road for a good test.
We believe it's a 1-1/2 ton, but I've seen references to them being offered in a 2-ton model. I'd love to figure out is if it really is a 1-1/2 ton, or a 2 ton. Can anyone offer insights as to how I can determine the difference?
Edit: The data plate on the cowl is a bit hard to read, but it appears to state: "Without governor 11500 lbs.", "With governor 13500 lbs."
Edit #2: After taking a couple more pictures of the data plate from different angles, I was able to zoom in enough to barely make out (thank you iPhone 14 Pro camera!) the very faint stamping of Chassis number of "20OS10 1314", and based on
https://chevy.oldcarmanualproject.com/models/series2.htm, it actually maps out to a 1946 (not 1942 as registered in OR) 1-1/2 ton. Also, my FIL just found in an old box, the registration cards from the previous owner in CA, and those show 1946.