Frank, From all the things I've read so far in researching Chevy truck info it seems Chevrolet in their infinite wisdom chose to not keep track of (or maybe any original documents have been long ago sent to the great round file in the sky) individual plant production numbers. In a quick search I found 3 Chevrolet Truck overall calendar year production report copies posted in our own tcederman's website* Documents page. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and there are links to copies of the 1950, 1952 and 1953 Chevy Truck factory production counts (all plants) by model number.

I do have a hard copy of the 1987 "Standard Catalog of American Light Duty Trucks - Pickups, Panels, Vans - All Models 1896-1986" that was edited by John A. Gunnel that lists overall total truck calendar year production/registration numbers. Those numbers however also include the numbers for Chevrolet Sedan Delivery models and don't include truck numbers for anything larger than a 1 Ton, so don't accurately reflect total truck productions for each year.

Guess nobody thought it important enough to keep track of that info. frown

*Tim - I hope you don't mind my sharing the link to your hard work collected data? I think it is great that it's still out there for folks to find and reference. smile


~ Dan
1951 Chevy 3 window 3100
Follow this story in the DITY Gallery
"My Grandpa Carl's Truck and How it Became Mine"
1966 Chevelle (Wife's Hot Rod) | 2013 Chevy Silverado (Current daily driver)
US Army MSG Retired (1977-1998) | Com Fac Maint Lead Tech Retired (1998-2021)