I needed to replace both the vet windows and side window on the truck. The window channel was missing, glass delaminating, horizontal weather strips gone, etc. I loosened the vent window to all some wiggle room and then was able to remove the side window bolts to the regulator and removed the glass. Then the vent window lifted out with a 90 degree rotation to all the lower bracket to come out. I now have a new regulator assembly, new vent window assembly, and new door glass preinstalled into its frame. Also new channel and new horizontal weather strips. But I will be darned if I can get the window and/or the vent back in. Vent without the window...no problem. Glass without the vent...straightforward. The horizontal weather strips seem easy to install without the glass/ but they seem in the way trying to install the window glass. What is the proper order? If the vent window didn't need to be rotated 90 degrees to go in, or out, it would be much easier. Guidance would be greatly appreciated. Regulator, glass, vent, weather strips? Vent, regulator, weatherstrip, glass? FWIW I did install the channel... should I have waited? Thanks in advance. Also, the vent windows are the type with the pivot point top center, not on the exterior of the frame.


1957 3100, 235 with 4 speed floor shift