Next time I see the untouched original 1948 AD that's here locally, I'll make a point of looking at it. Unfortunately I didn't get his contact info. It's possible that the welds on mine were done after it left the factory. Unfortunately, the FAM has NOTHING on bed assembly. It's really hard to tell if the welds were factory, as there wasn't much left in the way of paint in that area on my truck. My truck had some strange modifications to the rear suspension, including some 6" pipe sections welded to the frame in place of rubber bumpers.

[On edit] Here's a photo from Denny Graham's collection showing the weld at the rear cross-sill.

Last edited by klhansen; 08/29/2024 8:59 PM. Reason: added photo link

Kevin
1951 Chevy 3100 work truck
Follow this saga in Project Journal
Photos
1929 Ford pickup restored from the ground up. | 1929 Ford Special Coupe (First car)
Busting rust since the mid-60's
If you're smart enough to take it apart, you darn well better be smart enough to put it back together.