I think those tank wagons with the cargo space in the rear were specced by Texaco. My father started in the gasoline business in the mid 1930's. I grew up in the business. I am now 80 and still selling gasoline. Except for these Texaco tank wagons, I think everyone else had drops and meters in the rear. 55 gallon drums could be loaded on either side. It was probably 15 or 20 years after this thing was built that I saw a drum being handled with a fork lift. The side compartments were low enough that drums could be loaded from the ground. Texaco had to load from a dock. And putting 4 drums of motor oil behind the drive axle made the steering axle pretty light. Very few tank wagons survived because most of them were destroyed when news came out that the EPA would make tanks that once had leaded product in them almost impossible to get rid of. I have GMC several cab and chassis. If I ever found a tank similar to the ones we used 60 to 70 years ago, I think I would buy it.